Cost of living in Shanghai, China
Summary of cost of living in Shanghai
- Family of four estimated monthly costs: 26,943元
- Single person estimated monthly costs: 16,687元
- Cost of living in Shanghai is more expensive than in 78% of cities in Asia (5 out of 18)
- Cost of living in Shanghai is cheaper than in 56% of cities in the World (134 out of 238)
List of prices in Shanghai
Current as of Aug 2020.
Change the currency:
These prices are based on abundant and consistent data. They are very reliable. They are based on 346 prices entered by 54 different people.
Latest price update: August 05, 2020
Moving to Shanghai with your children?
Did you know that ...
Shanghai position in our World Ranking
out of 238
out of 18
Cheapest and most expensive products in Shanghai compared to other cities:
Do you live in Shanghai? We need your help!
Prices recently added
- Standard men's haircut in expat area of the city in Santiago costs CH$5,000 (17 minutes ago)
- 1 month of gym membership in business district in Montreal costs C$50 (20 minutes ago)
- 1 pack of marlboro cigarettes in Seoul costs ₩4,000 (about 1 hour ago)
- One-way ticket in public transport in São Paulo costs R$ 4.30 (about 2 hours ago)
- Public transport in Bangkok costs 1,500 ฿ (about 2 hours ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Latacunga costs $5.00 (about 2 hours ago)