Cost of living in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Summary of cost of living in Rio de Janeiro
- Family of four estimated monthly costs: R$ 10,954
- Single person estimated monthly costs: R$ 5,046
- Rio de Janeiro is the 2nd most expensive city in Brazil (2 out of 9)
- Cost of living in Rio de Janeiro is cheaper than in 60% of cities in Latin America (21 out of 35)
- Cost of living in Rio de Janeiro is cheaper than in 85% of cities in the World (168 out of 198)
Expatistan is a collaborative effort. The data gets better with every new price that you enter.
We need your help! Tell us about prices in Rio.
List of prices in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Current as of Mar 2021.
Change the currency:
These prices are based on abundant and consistent data. They are very reliable. They are based on 1,632 prices entered by 153 different people.
Latest price update: March 03, 2021
Moving to Rio de Janeiro with your children?
Rio position in our World Ranking
out of 198
out of 35
out of 9
Cheapest and most expensive products in Rio compared to other cities:
Do you live in Rio de Janeiro? We need your help!
Prices recently added
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Armenia, Colombia costs COL$15,000 (about 1 hour ago)
- Internet connection 300 mbps, 1 month in Vancouver costs C$110 (about 1 hour ago)
- Public transport in Oslo costs kr 795 (about 2 hours ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Naha costs ¥1,000 (about 3 hours ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Grand Cayman costs CI$25 (about 3 hours ago)
- Combo meal in fast food restaurant (big mac meal or similar) in Copenhagen costs kr72 (about 4 hours ago)