Cost of living in New York City, United States
Summary of cost of living in New York City
- Family of four estimated monthly costs: $7,020
- Single person estimated monthly costs: $4,396
- New York City is the 2nd most expensive city in USA (2 out of 57)
- New York City is the 3rd most expensive city in N. America (3 out of 69)
- Cost of living in New York City is more expensive than in 98% of cities in the World (6 out of 237)
List of prices in New York City
Current as of Aug 2020.
Change the currency:
These prices are based on abundant and consistent data. They are very reliable. They are based on 1,972 prices entered by 438 different people.
Latest price update: August 03, 2020
Moving to New York City with your children?
Did you know that ...
New York position in our World Ranking
out of 237
out of 69
out of 57
Cheapest and most expensive products in New York compared to other cities:
Do you live in New York City? We need your help!
Prices recently added
- Monthly rent - 85 m2 furnished accommodation in expensive area in Kabul costs 100,000 Afghani (11 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 85 m2 furnished accommodation in expensive area in Cartagena costs COL$1,600,000 (22 minutes ago)
- Summer dress in a high street store (zara, h&m or similar retailers) in Ljubljana costs €40 (22 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 85 m2 furnished accommodation in expensive area in San Jose, Costa Rica costs ₡ 580,000 (about 1 hour ago)
- Combo meal in fast food restaurant (big mac meal or similar) in Caracas costs 700,000 Bs.S. (about 2 hours ago)
- 1 bottle of red table wine, good quality in Chandigarh costs ₨299 (about 2 hours ago)